Capacitive displacement sensor with adjustable Gain and Zero and setpoint switch output.
High-Speed Analog Output for Linear Position Monitoring
- Lower Cost
- 0-10 V nonlinear analog output
- Setpoint/Switched output
- Adjustable gain and zero
- Five-element range indicator
- Remote gain and zero adjustment connections
- DIN rail case
- Multiple channel sync
Typical specifications. Actual values depend on probe and calibration.
- CPA100: 0.03% RMS@ 15 kHz
- CPA 100e: 0.3μm RMS or higher @ 15 kHz
- Typical at midpoint. Dependent on probe, range, and bandwidth. See Brochure for details.
- Bandwidth: 15 kHz
- Linearity: Nonlinear
- Max Drift:
- Driver: 0.2% F.S./°C
- Probe: 0.05% F.S./°C
- Analog Output: 0-10V, 0Ω, 15mA max.
- Setpoint: Fixed at 5 V (mid-range)
- Setpoint Output: Solid state switch closure
- On state: 2.5Ω, 100mA max
- Off state leakage: 10μA max
- Operating Temp: 4°C – 50°C
- Onput Power: 15-24 VDC, 2.5W
- External power supply not included – available as accessory
Proximity Sensors and Displacement Sensors
Proximity sensors are often used for simple presence/absence detection – this is why they are often called proximity “switches.” But some applications require higher performance measurement. Applications where the difference between present and absent may only be a few microns require higher resolution sensors than a typical proximity switch. The CPA100 can resolve a target’s position to less than 50 microns and do so at up to 15 kHz. It also provides a nonlinear analog output to provide feedback proportional to the target’s position.