Air-Bearing C-LVDT (Capacitive LVDT)
Adapts a capacitive sensor to a high-performance, LVDT-like contact measurement system.
- Same high performance as capacitive sensors
- Friction-Free air-bearing design
- Minimal side-loading effects
- Adjustable down-force as low as 0.2 g
- Works in hostile environments
- Retractable tip
- Replaceable diamond tip
- Requires capacitive sensor system (Elite, CPL230, or Compact Driver)
Life-Cycle Status: Active
- Measurement Range: 0.5mm | 0.020″
- Contact Force: 0.2 g to 100 g
- Radial Stiffness: < 0.25 µm/g
- Bearing: Linear, porous air bearing
- Diamond Tip: Radius: 3.175 mm | 0.125″ | Mount: 4-48AGD Thread
- Moving Mass: 5.55 g Shaft, 1.35 g Tip, 6.9 g Total
- Air Connection: 1/16″ ID flexible tubing
- Air Consumption: 3-7 lpm | 0.10-0.25 cfm
- Operating Air Pressure: 420-480 kPa | 60-70 psi
- Air Filter Requirement: 5 µm particle size
The air-bearing of the C-LVDT is the key to providing incredibly high-resolution contact measurements.
A porous carbon bearing flows air around the probe’s plunger. The air cushion provides friction-free movement and radial stiffness that minimizes side-loading effects when scanning a moving target.
Each Lion Precision C-LVDT comes complete with an interchangeable diamond tip. The high-precision measurements performed by the C-LVDT demand the highest quality contact interface.
Diamond is Superior to Ruby:
Low Friction– Side forces cause less lateral deflection from moving targets and less hysteresis on direction reversal.
Highly Polished Surface– Diamond accepts and holds a high polish, minimizing the possibility of scratching the measured surface.
Minimal Wear– Increased accuracy and longer life.