THREAD DETECTION PROBES
Automate manufacturing with thread detection sensors that identify threaded vs. unthreaded holes.
Thread Detection probes are specialized versions of our standard eddy-current displacement probes. They have extended sensing tips to allow easier penetration of tapped/untapped holes and to allow the sensing field to more easily engage the sides of the holes.
Selecting the right probe is dependent on the material type (ferrous vs. nonferrous) and the tapped hole size. The charts below identify the probe model required for your specific sensing needs.
- Easy Installation and Setup
- Reliable, Repeatable Performance
- Ferrous and Nonferrous Materials
- Cut and Roll-Formed Threads
- Optional Probe Crash Protection
- IP67 Rating (Probes)
- -25°C to +125°C Operating Temperature
T-Series for Threads:
T-Series probes sense tapped threads in ferrous materials (cast iron, steel, etc.) and tapped or roll-formed threads in nonferrous materials (aluminum, zinc, copper, etc.)
- Use T-Series probes with the ECA100
- Driver: Adjustable anaolog voltage output and adjustable switched output.
- Use T-Series probes with the ECL100
- Driver: User adjustable analog voltage output
Thread Detection Probe Mechanical Detail
THREAD DETECTION DRIVERS
ECA100 & ECL100 Driver Specifications
Probe Operating Environment
-25°C to +125°C IP67
Standard probes have PUR (polyurethane) jackets. High-Temperature probes have FEP jackets. FEP cables can be custom ordered for standard temperature range probes.
To minimize the chance of probe damage due to broken taps or misalignment, use mounting cushions for mounting probes. Size is selected to match the probe.
Please contact Lion Precision for ordering information. We can be reached via email at email@example.com, or via telephone at (651)-484-6544.