Research and Development
Our engineering staff combines for over ninety years of noncontact sensor and electronic design experience. We maintain close relationships with several research universities (Penn State, University of North Carolina at Charlotte), and national laboratories such as Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Cooperation with these institutions has advanced measurement technology on several fronts and produced award-winning designs of high-performance measurement systems.
See a list of research papers using Lion Precision sensors
Members of our staff sit on American National Standards Institute (ANSI) committees (B5 and B89), have held office as president of the American Society for Precision Engineering (ASPE), and served as council members of the European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology (euspen).
Our products have not only been awarded patents, but have won the DuPont Award, the R&D 100 Award, and the Best of Sensors Award.
Serving our customers and advancing our technology require advanced tools. We continue to invest in staff, equipment and facilities that enable us to conquer the design challenges that we face every day and every year. Much of our equipment is designed and built specifically for Lion Precision.
- Five ultra-precise calibrators designed to our specifications which provide our customers with NIST traceable factory calibrations
- Five computer-controlled environmental chambers providing 10%–90% relative humidity and a –75°C to 200°C temperature range
- Computer-controlled, high-vacuum chamber capable of 0.0000001 Torr with a 300amu residual gas analyzer
- Multiple computer systems and associated Data Acquisition hardware for collection of performance data and specification determination
- Andeen-Hagerling impedance bridges
- Multiple mixed-signal oscilloscopes and data analyzers
- LabVIEW, LabWindows, CompactRIO National Instruments systems
- 3D inductive-field modeling software
- Solid Works mechanical design software with standard file format output for use in customer designs
- Altium Designer Unified Product Development Software for circuit simulation, schematic capture and PCB Design