At Lion Precision, we realize we are part of a larger global community and that our decisions and policies have lasting effects on many things beyond the people and companies directly involved. We are committed to decreasing our impact on the environment by adopting policies which comply with existing standards and programs as listed below.
Lion Precision Internal Voluntary Efforts
- Separate, full-size recycling dumpster which is regularly filled with recyclable paper, cardboard, and packing material
- Each office space has a separate recycling bin
- Participation in the Xcel Energy WindSource program. 500KWH/month of electricity purchased is wind generated.
- Participation in European directives and other environmental initiatives (see below)
We are compliant or are working toward compliance with the following directives:
RoHS - "The RoHS Directive stands for 'the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment'. This Directive bans the placing on the EU market of new electrical and electronic equipment containing more than agreed levels of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) flame retardants" (from www.rohs.gov.uk).
WEEE - "The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive) aims to minimise the impact of electrical and electronic goods on the environment, by increasing re-use and recycling and reducing the amount of WEEE going to landfill" (from www.dti.gov.uk).
Global Care - An initiative of the Environmental, Health and Safety division of SEMI (a semiconductor industry association).
Global Care provides a framework through which Lion Precision can demonstrate its commitment to environmental, health, and safety issues. A participating member since 2006, Lion Precision seeks continuous improvement in the five key areas of Global Care:
- Workplace Health and Safety - Seek to prevent injury and illness in the workplace; provide safeguards and training for employees and contractors within the workplace.
- Resource Conservation - Seek to design, build and operate manufacturing and office facilities that optimize water, energy, chemical and material use and reduce waste generation and emissions to the air, water and land.
- Product Stewardship - Seek to minimize the environmental impact of products and/or services.
- Community Service - Seek to positively impact and strengthen the quality of life within the communities and neighborhoods in which we live and work. Through outreach, education, participation and compliance with relevant laws and regulations, we seek to govern and manage our operations consistent with the foregoing commitments to workplace health and safety; resource conservation; and product stewardship.
- Excellence - Systematically set company goals and measure performance related to Global Care principles and excellence in EHS management practices.
(From the Global Care web site)